Double Action Ecobale
Available for delivery throughout the uk please contact us for price.
DoubleAction ECOBALE contains a mixture of MTD⁄1 and Pediococcus acidilactici BSTAT⁄2 together with potassium sorbate for all baled grass and legume silages.
- For all baled grass and legume silages
- Applies one million live bacteria per gram forage
- Available for liquid treatment only
- One can treats 16 tonnes
- Add 1 can to 50 litres of water and apply at 3 litres per tonne
- Tank mix life 2 days at ambient temperature
- Unopened shelf life 24 months in a cool, dry place
- GMO free and suitable for organic use (restricted)
Baled silages are usually made of higher DM, longer chop forage so fermentation is slower and the final pH higher. Bales are also more prone to aerobic spoilage due to their high surface area to volume ratio and reduced density, even when chopped. In addition, Listeria are often associated with baled silage, causing listeriosis in sheep and silage eye in cattle.
Double Action ECOBALE contains Lactobacillus plantarum MTD⁄1, Pediococcus acidilactici BSTAT⁄2 and potassium sorbate.
Inoculation with MTD⁄1 results in a faster, more efficient fermentation, leading to more consistent, better quality bales and improved animal performance.
The combination of MTD⁄1 and BSTAT⁄2 have been shown to limit Listeria formation in big bale silage in trials at SAC, Aberdeen.
Potassium sorbate is a safe, non-corrosive, food and feed-approved preservative found in many foods including yoghurt. It reduces the activity of the yeasts and moulds that cause spoilage, improving the quality of the bales at opening and giving them a longer shelf life with reduced losses.